Public Sector Tenders Explained
The public sector buy according to rules set out in European legislation that they must abide by.
The Office of Government Commerce has been established to help government get best value from government spending. The OGC website is a useful source of information with regard to selling to the public sector - www.ogc.gov.uk
The annual public sector spend is £175 Billion, which gives an indication of the size of the tender opportunities. This includes spend for:
- Local government tenders
- County councils
- District councils
- Borough councils
- Emergency services tenders
- Fire and rescue services
- Police service
- Ambulance trusts
- National Health Service (NHS) tenders
- Ministry of Defence (MOD) tenders
Ways2win are specialists in tendering both for public sector contracts and private sector contracts. In our tender training courses we go through the key aspects of the tender completion rules and how they apply to individual tenders and businesses in order to maximise chances of tender success. This can include tender completion /bid management, tender / bid management audits and tender analysis.
Ways2win share current best practice in applying for opportunities in these areas. Speakers from public sector procurement departments support ways2win in speaking at our courses. This gives ways2win a body of knowledge that we share with our delegates including:
- current Invitation to Tender templates being used by various public sector bodies
- marking matrices being applied to tenders
- knowledge that we have from these public sector departments with regard to what they are looking for in suppliers.